Now that Spring is just a few cold days away, it is time to start planning your garden. As you are deciding on specific plants for your home, we have a handy tool that can help! Plant Finder can be found on our website at www.westwoodgardens.com and can help narrow down plants for your needs.
Here are a few helpful tips for using our Plant Finder…
- Visit www.westwoodgardens.com and select plant finder from the top menu bar.
- If you know the name of a plant you are interested in, you can type it into the box under Search by Plant Names and hit enter.
- A list of plants containing the info you typed will show up. As you can see in the example, we entered ‘American Sycamore’ and were provided results for ‘American’ and ‘Sycamore’. So we recommend using the most specific name possible and being a little patient when searching by name.
- Once you have your results from searching by name, you can click on the plant name to read additional information about the plant.
- Now that you have read the information and have decided you like the plant and it is a good fit for your gardening space, go ahead and click to check the box by Add To My
Plant List. This will add your plant to a list for you so that you can move on to finding the rest of the plants for your garden.
- To search for other plants, you can Search by Characteristics to find the perfect plant that meets your needs. The good thing about the search option is that it narrows down the results for you and saves you time reading about zones and sizes and all those important details for planting plants in places for them to thrive. Once you type in a few characteristics, click search.
- Now that you have a few results that meet your needs, you can begin scrolling through the options, clicking on the plant name to see more info about them, and selecting more plants to add to your Plant List.
- Once you have selected all of your plant choices, you can then click on View My Plant List to see the plants you have chosen.
- Now that the list is all together for you, go ahead and click on Print My Plant List. We love this feature because it allows you to print out a hard copy of your plant list, which takes the guess work out of finding your plants at our stores.
With your printed Plant List in hand, come see us at one of our four locations to purchase your plants.